Obtaining a Visa

Participants are expected to arrange their own transportation to the Institute, as well as to obtain the necessary travel documents from their country of origin or residence.

A valid passport is necessary for entry into the US, and in most cases so is a US visa. We recommend obtaining tourist B-2 visas. For visa procedures see:


There is a Visa Waver Program (VWP) that enables most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. The list of participating countries can be found here: